Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sad

Stories like this and this make me really sad.  Whenever I hear a story about someone killed in a car accident I first think about the poor person who died, and then about the poor person who was involved in their death.  I think about how awful it must be to have to live with that on their conscience for the rest of his or her life.

Reflecting on my own experience, I don't often think about the person who hit and killed my dad, but when I do I feel sorry for her and I hope that she's been able to live a happy and fulfilling life.  As sad and as hard and as tragic as it may be, it was my dad's time to go, just as it was for that little 2 year-old, and for the teenager as well.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those families involved.

2 comments:

  1. I read the story about the 2-year-old. Nearly broke my heart. The woman who hit your dad is very blessed indeed that you are such a kind person. I am sure that is something you can never get over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it ironic you were posting something like that. It seems accidents are happening all around. Last night one of my old young women hit a young man and killed him as he was on his longboard. What a sad thing for my old ward. But I think it will unify them and make them strong together. Tough times all around. Thank goodness for the goodness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation! Thank goodness for temples! I am grateful for the peace we can receive in this life though hard times are constantly around us. You are a strong lady! I am grateful you are my sister!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...