Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2007

This is what I was doing 4 years ago today.  I can't believe it's been 4 years!


 We started out with breakfast at IHOP.  Then we drove down to Provo and took some pictures.








This day was kind of surreal.  I had never really wanted to go on a mission (before deciding to go) so this wasn't a day that I had ever really dreamed of or anticipated.

Apparently they've changed how they do MTC drop-off's now, but at the time your family would go in with you, watch a video, and the MTC President would speak to you and then tell you to say your goodbyes.  I remember him saying that saying goodbye was like ripping off a band-aid.  The quicker you do it, the better.  And then he said we had 5 minutes.  Once he said that I started to cry.  A lot.  And then I started to laugh at myself for crying so much, so it sounded even worse.  I hugged everyone and left.

I must have still looked really distraught because one of the people who was there making sure the missionaries went the right way pointed out to me where the kleenex was located.  Then I had to go wait in lines to get my MTC card, take a picture, find out who my companion would be, verify my immunization records and get some supplies.  The whole time I was trying to keep myself from bursting into tears. Some Elders in front of me asked me some questions and I answered as quickly as possible.  I knew if I said too much I'd start crying again.  The whole time I was thinking, "Oh crap! What am I doing?"

Luckily it all worked out.  I absolutely loved my mission and cried way more when I left Argentina, than we I left my family at the MTC.  (No offense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...