Friday, June 15, 2012

My dog has a death wish

Today I was driving over to my brother and SILs house with my dog.  We were going down the road, and I was going about 35mph.  I had the window down so Andy could stick his head out.  All of a sudden, Andy jumped out of the car.  Seriously.  He jumped out of a moving vehicle.  Luckily, I had one hand underneath him (before he jumped) so I was able to grab his back right paw.  He was literally hanging out of my car, and I was holding onto him by only his paw, while the car was still moving.

I pulled him back in, and as I did I felt something in his foot pop.  I didn't know if his leg was okay or not (it's fine), but I could care less since at the very least he wasn't roadkill.  If I hadn't caught his leg, he probably would have died.  I don't know what 9 lb. dog could survive jumping out of a moving vehicle and landing headfirst onto the road.  It was seriously a miracle that I caught his foot.

I don't know what he was thinking.  This dog is scared of the vacuum, the steam mop, trash bags, and a whole lot more...but he jumps out of a moving vehicle.  Needless to say, when he's in the car, I will not be driving with the window down anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like this story. lets never speak of it again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...