Tuesday, August 28, 2012

sicko

Yesterday afternoon I was getting a sore throat.  I literally just had a cold, and couldn't believe I was getting one  again.  Is this what I get from spending one Sunday in Primary at church?

But then I got chills, and I knew I was getting a fever.  Every time I checked my temperature, it was getting higher.  It was only up to 99.4, but I took some Tylenol and that seemed to help.

I fell asleep around midnight, and woke up around 3am.  I was feeling nauseated, and I decided to take my temperature again.  It was 100.4.  A friend had told me that if it got above 100.2 I should be careful.  So, I thought about calling the on call doctor at the Tanner Clinic (where my OB is at), but then I decided to call Labor and Delivery at the hospital instead.  I figured they were already up.  :)

So, at about 3:15 I spoke to a very nice nurse who told me to take more tylenol, have a warm bath, and put a cold compress on my head/neck.  And then if the fever didn't break, then to call back.  All basic fever stuff, but I just wanted to play it safe.

By the way, Connor is the worlds deepest sleeper and didn't wake up for any of this.  How is he going to wake up for a baby?

Anyway,  I did everything as instructed, got out of the tub, and my temperature had dropped down to 99.1.  Much better!  I went back to bed, but didn't sleep very well.  Connor did wake up for a minute and I told him about my fever stuff.

I've been lazy all day today.  I took several naps and I am now fever free!  Thank goodness that whatever it was, it was only one of those 24 hour things.  I have plans to get pampered tomorrow that I didn't want to cancel.  :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...