Sunday, January 20, 2013

Big Fat Positive

One year ago today, Connor and I found out that a baby was on its way!

Warning!  The rest of this post is full of lots of gory details that you may not want to know.  :)

I woke up the morning of January 20th, and I decided to take a test.  I had taken one the day before, but it was negative, and I thought I was about to start my period, since the night before I had some spotting.    So, I took the test on a whim.  Connor was home from work that day.  It was about 7 am.  I went to the bathroom, took the test, and put it on the floor.  When I looked at it and saw that it had a very faint positive line I said "You've got to be kidding me."  I can't remember if it was aloud, or in my head that I said that.  I finished my business, put the test on the counter, and went back to bed.


Connor was awake so I told him that I had taken a pregnancy test and it looked like there was a faint line.  He got up and looked at it, and said it was too faint and you couldn't really know for sure.  I think I was out of tests, otherwise I probably would have taken another.  I called my doctors office and left a message, since I had no clue as to what to do next, and I wasn't 100% sure that it was really a positive test either.  (I have since learned that false positives are very uncommon, unless you take a blue dye test.)

My doctor's office called me back and I told them that I wasn't sure whether or not it was actually positive.  After asking some questions, the nurse told me that they would consider that a positive result and congratulations!

So there it is.  And now 1 year later, we have the cutest baby ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...