Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another First

So this week seems to be the week of firsts. The first time keys were locked in the car. And today, the first time that my car got stuck in the snow. Literally. Stuck. I arrived a little late to church this morning thanks to the fluffy white stuff. Our church has almost no parking, although usually I can find a space. However, due to the snow, people often forget how to correctly park in a parking lot, and so I was forced to park on the street.

Connor stayed home sick today so it was just me all by my lonesome. When church was over, I came out and walked through the deep snow to my car. I got there, turned on my car, tried to drive forward, and nothing. Uh oh. Then I tried to go backward, and I was able to move a little bit. Forward, backward, forward, backward. Anytime I would get relatively close to the road, my car would literally slide in the opposite direction.

After several minutes of trying, I gave up. I called Connor and told him I was stuck and needed help. He came with a shovel and literally shoveled me out. He's so sweet. :) After several minutes, he finally was able to help me break free.

(I want to know, why did no one from the ward who saw that I was stuck in the snow offer any help? It was pretty obvious.)

Anyway, that wasn't fun. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. If I hadn't had to teach today I probably just would have turned around and gone home, to be honest. However, it was all for the best and I'm pretty lucky to have such a sweet husband to come and save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...