Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Anniversary

Today Connor and I celebrated our first anniversary.  Yay us!  To celebrate we stayed at The Grand America last night, and went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner.

Connor wanted to surprise me for our anniversary.  The deal was, he would plan our anniversary, and I would plan Valentine's Day.  However, I don't like surprises, so I convinced him about 2 weeks ago to tell me where we were going.  I couldn't have planned it better myself.  We stayed at the Grand America last year on our wedding night, so that was very fitting.  And Ruth's Chris was sooooooo good.  Incredibly expensive, however.  The most I've ever spent at a restaurant.  Most likely the most I will spend at a restaurant in a very long time.  But it was so worth it.  I got the filet and Connor got the stuffed chicken and it was all amazing.  It doesn't hurt that they bring everything out smothered in butter, which is still sizzling when it gets to your table.

This dessert was amazing.  Everything was amazing.  Notice how part of the "H" is missing?  
Someone just couldn't wait.....


Connor with his bread pudding.  

The Grand America was as luxurious as ever.



 We ordered room service in the morning.

 

We didn't save the top of our cake from last year to eat so we did something else.  
When we got married, we had a bunch of cupcakes.  Tonight we went out and bought some cupcakes and ate those instead.



Happy one year to us!  It's hard to believe that already a year has gone by.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute and it looks like you had a great celebration! I've wanted to try out Ruth's Chris for SO long! Maybe someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth's Steak house is amazing. We love it there and it is a rare treat when we get to go. Glad you had fun celebrating your first year. What a fast time that went! Happy Anniversary you two! We celebrate 8 years tomorrow. I think we are keeping things so simple this year that we are just going to dinner. Sounds good to me! one one one time with my honey is the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I could definitely get on board with an anniversary like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...