Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Dream

Some people may dream about the beach, others about vacations in far off lands.  I, however, dream about something completely different.

I dream about this:


That's right.  A dishwasher.

It doesn't have to be that fancy.  Just something automatic.

As I lie (sit) awake at 2 in the morning (I've been on this weird sleeping schedule lately), I reflect on my day.....

Work out.  Check. (Thank you ChaLEAN Extreme)
Work.  Check.
Laundry. Double Check.
Bathe.  Check.
(Not necessarily in that order.)

But sadly, I cannot cross doing the dishes off of my list.  Granted, Connor did do some of them while I was working, but some remain in the sink.  Taunting me.  It's like I can never have them all done.  How I wish I had a dishwasher.  Then all of my problems would be solved.  Right?

3 comments:

  1. I've gone through that same lament more times than I can count. I've had one on and off in our 6 years. Right now is an "off" time. But even when I had one my kitchen was rarely clean. It seemed there was always something - I forgot to turn it on, it needed to be unloaded first, etc. I'm better at getting my dishes done now than I ever have been. Of course, I'm not working or going to school, so I have a lot more time to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone feels my pain. Although I couldn't imagine doing this with 2 kids. The mess would surely be quadrupled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have a dishwasher when I lived in Italy and I too had dishes undone and I just closed the door! Even with a dishwasher you have to empty it before you can load it again! But keep dreaming, your day will come.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...