Monday, November 12, 2012

Matthew's Blessing

Sunday, November 4th we had Matthew's baby blessing.  It was a great day, and we felt so lucky to be able to spend the day with our wonderful family and friends.
Connor looks very serious in this photo.

It started out a little hectic.  We wanted to get to church around 8:40 to save some seats, but we got there at about 8:45.  Well, there were no rows open up front, with the exception of a few on the side.  So we grabbed them 3, and then someone stole one row.  No big deal.  In hindsight, I wish we would have just sat in back, but whatev.  

We quickly found out that they had four baby blessings that day.  FOUR.  When we asked about it at the beginning of October the bishop told us there would maybe be one other one.  Luckily, Matthew was the first one up.  Matthew was a little fussy right before the blessing, so I was concerned that he was going to cry during it, but thankfully he calmed down.  Connor did a wonderful job with the baby blessing.  

Then during church, Matthew did pretty well.  He was a little fussy when I held him, but I passed him off to Connor and he did much better and fell asleep and slept the rest of the time.  After sacrament meeting, Connor told me that Matthew had pooped.  After some inspection, he hadn't just pooped.  He had a blow out.  I was concerned because I thought it was going to ruin his cute white blessing outfit, but amazingly it only got on the onesie.  That was easy enough!  I took him out of his blessing clothes and wrapped him in a receiving blanket.  We went home, and I changed him and put him back in his cute little outfit.

At home we had a little brunch with family and friends.  We had never had that many people in our house, and it made it feel very very small, but it was fun regardless.  Of course, everyone wanted to a chance to hold the cutest baby ever.







And we took some family photos:



Crystal did a little photo shoot with the three of us:





Once people started to go home, I was exhausted.  My mom was nice enough to clean up and make us some dinner while I rested upstairs with Matthew.  

It was a really great day.  Matthew was worn out after it, too.  He pretty much slept all day Monday.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day! How great all your family could be there. Matthew is such a doll. I know what you mean about being exhausted. It is kind of funny, isn't it? How the new mom is expected to entertain for the blessing. I am always dead on my feet on blessing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think the house felt small at all. I thought it was perfect for entertaining. It was a lovely day! I am grateful I could be there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...