Friday, April 6, 2012

Bratty Puppy

Andy did not like the cone of shame, and somehow was still managing to lick his incision.  I took him back to the vet to see if they'd give him a bigger one but they said they thought he was scratching the incision with the cone, so they didn't want to do that.  They instructed me to put Neosporin on it for the next 3 days(this was last Thursday).  They hoped that Andy wouldn't want to lick his incision anymore with the Neosporin on it because it can't possibly taste good, right?

Wrong.  He still licked. 

I had the bright idea of putting the cone on him like a skirt.  He couldn't reach it anymore!

While I thought I had a victory, I was mistaken.  I put the cone on him like this Thursday night, and Friday morning he had managed to wiggle out of it and had licked his incision all night long. 

So, the cone of shame was a bust.  I gave up on it and am now just letting him use it as a chew toy.  The good news is he's much better.  He hardly wants/needs to lick his incision now, and he's healing really well.

Now if he can just stop peeing on my carpet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...