Friday, May 24, 2013

Uncrafty

I thought I had a great idea. I had some mismatched frames that I wanted to hang up on the wall by the stairs. People paint picture frames all the time. How hard could it be? 

Apparently, hard. At least for me.

I went to Michael's and bought white spray paint, and a gloss spray paint to seal it after I was done painting. I came home and started on my little project. I even took a before picture. Well, it was trickier than I thought. Spray painting wasn't working. So the next day I went and bought some paint. Somehow I managed to get the wrong color. I painted it, and it looked ok. I thought I was managing to salvage my little project. And then I used the can of spray paint to seal it. And for some reason it made the paint bubble on one of the frames.

So, here it is. Before and after. 


If I could bring myself to take a photo closer to it, you'd see all the issues. I don't like that it's almost the same color as my walls. But I can't bring myself to repaint.  So this will have to do until I can find a good deal on some good frames. 

I just don't think painting is my thing. Even Connor said, in the nicest way possible, that it might not be. Oh, well.  I am happy that I finally have some pictures up on that wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...