Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Revelations of a Needle

A friend of mine is pregnant with her 5th kid.  Yesterday she posted in her blog about the needle trick.  It supposedly predicts the amount of pregnancies that you'll have, gender of the baby, and the order that they will come.

Here's how it works.  You get about 20 inches of thread, put a sewing needle on it, and knot the two ends together.  Hold the knot in your right hand, hold out your left hand with your palm flat, and tap the needle 3 times in the crease between your thumb and finger.  Then flip your left hand over with your palm still flat, and hold the needle over it.  Make sure there aren't any fans or ventilation in the room that can affect your needle.

With the needle over your left hand (keep your right hand still) the needle will start to move.  If it circles, the baby is a girl.  If it makes a straight line, it's a boy.  It will start with your first pregnancy and move, and then stop, and then start moving again, and then stop and do that through all of your pregnancies.

I figured I'd give it a shot (I'm not prego, but I thought it'd be fun).  According to the needle, Connor and I will be having 4 kids -- girl, boy, girl, boy.  When I flipped my hand over the needle started to move in a circle, then it stopped.  Then it started to move back and forth in a line, then it stopped.  Then a circle again, then a line.  Then it was done for good.

I've tried this multiple times and it's given me the same results each time.  Only time will tell how accurate it is (give us about 10 years).  I had Connor try it and the needle didn't move at all.  My friend who tried it on her blog posted a video of it and it predicted all 4 of her kids accurately, but she still doesn't know what her 5th is(that's right Heather, I'm talking about you!).

Anyway, I just thought this was fun.  Give it a shot if you're prego or not.  If you're done having kids, see if it's accurate about what you had.  I'm curious to see the results that others get.  It's a fun little game.

If my instructions were confusing, here's a video that might explain it a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the little game. I myself thought it was pretty cool. Miles still thinks it is witchcraft. I'll let you know in another 6-8 weeks if it is right this go 'round. Can't wait to see if yours is. If so, sounds like a nice family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me! Perfect order!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...