Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Torn

Apparently I tore my medial meniscus.  Yay me!  I have no clue how I did it, but a couple of months ago my knee started cracking really loudly when I would go up stairs or squat or lunge or whatever.  At first it didn't bug me, but then it started hurting.

Today I went to the doctor to see what was going on.  They took some x-rays and everything looks okay there.  Then Dr. Cooley pushed on this one place on the side of my knee and man did that hurt!  Like blinding pain.  So, yeah.  I tore some cartilage.

It's been getting a little better on its own so if it keeps going that way then I don't need to do anything with it.  But if it gets worse again, I will probably have to have surgery to fix it.  Blech.

1 comment:

  1. I would vote for NO SURGERY! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...