Friday, July 20, 2012

Fun in July - Wednesday

On Wednesday, July 11th, Robin, Liam and I flew out to Oakland for Taylor's baptism.  I seriously think there was some divine intervention with our flight.  For some reason the flight was wide open.  All the flights earlier that week were almost full.  When I got to the airport I mentioned that to the lady at the counter and she said that she was really surprised by it, too.  Seriously, we were very lucky.  They gave us seat assignments right at the counter (we were traveling standby).  We got through security quickly, and waited for our flight.

Robin and Liam were excited about their "wings" they got when we checked in.  Sadly, Liam lost his during our layover in Long Beach.  Robin gave him hers a few days later.



We got to Long Beach and had a 4 hour layover.  Yep, 4 hours.  Robin and Liam were actually really good.  They played on their DS and listened to their iPods.  The 4 hours didn't exactly fly by, but they went by quickly enough.  

We had a little drama getting our boarding passes for our flight to Oakland.  Long story short, they never paged me so I finally went up and asked for our boarding passes.  I knew there were seats available.  We ended up being the last ones to get on the plane.  But we made it, so that's all that matters!  

After a relatively short flight, we made it to Oakland.  Joe and Alex picked us up, and we went to Joe's house.  All the cousins were very excited to see each other.  I was excited to eat some dinner (this little boy makes me hungry).  I was exhausted, but thrilled that we made our flights without any real issues.  Standby travel can be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Traveling. UGH. Traveling standby. DOUBLE UGH. Traveling standby with kids. TRIPLE UGH. Traveling standby with kids while pregnant QUADRUPLE UGH!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...