Sunday, January 12, 2014

15 Month Check-Up

On Monday we went for Matthew's 15 month check-up.  He had fun exploring before the pediatrician came in.


His stats were:
22 lbs 9 oz (about 20th%)
31.7 inches tall (about 60th%)
18 inch head circ. (about 20th%)

His pediatrician this time was a new one.  We saw her for his thrush, and I really liked her.  I don't know if maybe it was because it was the first time we had gone to her for a well check, or what, but she was concerned about his weight gain.  Or lack of weight gain.  She asked if we had any family history for all sorts of diseases ranging from IBS to Cystic Fibrosis.  All of which were a no.  So she requested I take him to the hospital to get his blood drawn so they could check for thyroid issues.  I was hesitant, but decided it was worth it.  I really didn't think anything was wrong.  He eats a lot, he's just a really active kid.

So the following morning we went to the hospital.  It went about as well as I expected.  He screamed the whole time, but the girl who did the blood draw (all by herself!) did a great job.  He cried for a bit and then was perfectly happy.  I thought when we got home he deserved a popsicle.


We got the results from the blood draw back, and just as I expected, everything was perfectly normal.  They said his potassium was a point high, but I figure that's because this kid is crazy about bananas and eats them every day.  So, I guess I'll try adding more fat to his diet to see if that helps?  Maybe I'll start giving him chocolate almond milk from now on.

Either way, he's a happy and healthy and sweet and adorable 15 month old.  He brightens up our lives daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...