Saturday, April 27, 2013

Disneyland Day 1

I feel like our first day at Disneyland was kind of a learning process. Going with a 6 month old was definitely a very new and different experience. I'm not a big fan of nursing in public (NIP), and Matthew likes to pull the cover off to show the world my boob. I pumped in the morning, so I had some milk, but Matthew doesn't always like bottles either. Picky kid!

Disneyland does have those child care centers (one in DL and another in CA Adventure) and those are really nice, but I couldn't always run there to nurse. So I NIPed more than I would have liked, and got some interesting looks from some people, but most people didn't even notice. And what am I supposed to do? Not feed my kid? That's obviously not a good option.

Anyway, back to the beginning of the day. We got up early (not really that early because Matthew was still on Utah time and up at 7 as usual). We met in the hotel lobby at 7:30 (CA time), and walked to Disneyland. We were using our magic morning day, but they didn't have a bus to take us that early. So we walked. It's probably a good thing we did that the first day, because my feet couldn't have handled the extra walking on any other day.  Matthew fell asleep on the way, but I woke him up when I put sunscreen on him.  Not my best decision ever.

We got to the park, got our tickets, and went inside!  Mickey was there and we all stopped to take a picture with him.  Connor, Matthew, and I waited in line.  When it was our turn we went up to Mickey.  He leaned down to Matthew, who promptly grabbed his face and started to suck on his nose.  It was so funny, and so cute.  The people who were waiting in line were laughing.  Matthew sucked on Mickey's nose for a couple of minutes, and then we took a photo with him.  Mickey was great.  I wonder how many other baby's have sucked on Mickey's nose?

Up close and personal with Mickey's nose.

Not our best picture.  I'm hoping someone else has a better one.

We walked back to Fantasyland and went on the Carousel with Matthew a couple of times.  But he was fussy, so Connor and I walked over to the child care place (which wasn't open yet), and sat down on a bench to feed Matty.  Then we checked my pump into First Aid so I didn't have to lug it around all day.  (I didn't even end up using it, so I just left it in the hotel the other 2 days.)

On the Carousel

Afterwards we went on the Pinocchio ride with Matty, and then we all walked over to the Disneyland Hotel to have a late breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. Matthew fell asleep on the walk, but woke up soon after we got there.  The breakfast was fun.  We got to see lots of Disney characters, which was really fun for the kids.
All 14 of us!  Plus Goofy, of course!

After breakfast, we headed back to DL to go on some rides!  Matthew fell asleep again on the walk back.  He was so tired since he hadn't had a good nap yet that day.  This time I put him in the Ergo (I love my Ergo!), and he slept really well.  Thank goodness.

The rest of the day was spent on rides.  We got to go on pretty much everything we wanted to (sadly Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain were closed), and we even got a Dole Pineapple Whip Float!  Oh my goodness, those were even better than I remembered.  We went with Matthew on a few rides -- Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, the Buzz Lightyear ride.  He wasn't entirely sure of what to think, but he looked around and took everything in.  I wanted to take him on the teacups, but he was asleep when we went on it.

Waiting for Pirates.

Hopefully my mom was happy to be the go to babysitter.  At one point she put the ergo on, and Matthew fell asleep on her, while she pushed Addison and Cameron around in the stroller.  Fun times for Nana!


Around 7:30 we were all tired.  Connor and I headed to get our Dole Whips, and then we met Joe and Crystal for a quick dinner in Downtown Disney.  Then we headed back to the hotel.  We left before everyone else, but Matthew had a blowout along the way, and then we got to the bus stop at the same time as Joe and Crystal.  Then Eric and Kari made it just before the bus left (they ran over to CA Adventure to go on the Tower of Terror), so we all got back to the hotel at the same time.

Once we got back to the hotel room, Matthew fell asleep and Connor ran to Walgreens (right across the street!) to get Matthew's Rx for Zantac.

It was a really fun day!

On a side note, Connor is so funny about his Seinfeld shirts.  Every time he wears one, he gets multiple comments from random people about Seinfeld.  It's hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...