Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Road Home

Matthew actually slept until almost 7 the next day.  Of course he adjusted to CA time, the day that we were leaving.  We got up and got ready to go.  We stopped and grabbed a quick breakfast, and got on the road.  Matty slept for almost 2 hours.  He probably would have slept a little longer, but one of his toys made a noise, which woke him up.

He did pretty well, and I was able to keep him fed and entertained without stopping until we were just outside of Prim, NV.  We decided to stop and go on the roller coaster at Buffalo Bills, and grab some lunch.  The coaster was a lot of fun, and we grabbed lunch from Panda Express, but ate it in the car because we didn't want Matthew to be around all that cigarette smoke more than necessary.  We got back in the car, and he still wasn't happy.  So we stopped at New York New York, and went on the coaster there.

There are drink holders in the bathrooms at NYNY.
I don't think I would want to drink anything that had been in the bathroom with me.  Just sayin'.

When we were headed back to the car, Matty fell asleep.  I was really happy that we had timed it so well, until he woke up about 45 minutes later.  But, he actually did really well.  We stopped a couple of times for diaper changes, and he took a nap at a time that he doesn't usually nap.  He must have been exhausted.  He fell asleep around 7:30 and slept until we got home.  We even stopped at the Wendy's drive thru for dinner, and he didn't wake up at all.

I don't know how Connor did it, but he drove the whole way home.  I'm so glad because I was so tired and I kept dozing off.  There's no way I could have driven.

Matthew actually slept until about 7:45 the next morning.  It felt really good to 'sleep in'.  (I love that that's sleeping in for me now.)

We were so glad to be home, but also so sad that our vacation was over.  We had so much fun.  It was crazy going with 14 people, but I had never been to Disneyland with my entire family.  We went to Disney World when I was 7.  And, even though Matthew won't remember it at all, it was a lot of fun going with him, too.  He's such a cute and fun little boy.  I love that his personality is really starting to come out.

1 comment:

  1. It was such a fun trip! And you are right--it is different with a large group. Mattie is so cute too. LOVE that kid. Thanks for instigating this trip! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...