Saturday, April 27, 2013

Disneyland Day 2 - California Adventure!

On Day 2 of our trip we spent the day at California Adventure.  Normally Connor and I like to switch back and forth between parks, but with 14 people it takes a long time to get places sometimes.  So, the whole day was spent at CA Adventure.

When we got in the park, Eric and Joe ran to the line for fast passes for the new cars ride.  Once the park opened, the rest of us headed to Cars Land.  I was really impressed with CL.  It looks just like the movie.  And you really feel like you're there.  Matthew was too small to go on any of the rides, so he stayed with my mom while Connor and I went on.  The rides were fun.  I loved how on the Mater ride, when they do the safety announcement in Spanish, Mater has the worst accent ever.  It's hilarious.

In line for the Luigi's Tires ride

It only took Eric and Joe about 15 minutes to get our fast passes for cars.  We had a few hours to spare, so we went on some other rides.  My favorite ride at California Adventure is The Tower of Terror.  That ride is just pure fun.  We also went on the Toy Story ride.  Matthew went on that with us.  I played one handed, and did relatively well!  


When we headed over to Radiator Racers, it was broken down.  Seriously.  So we got some lunch instead.

One of the new things at CA Adventure is the Ghiradelli Ice Cream shop.  Oh my yummy.  It was amazingly good.  That's a must have from here on out.

We finally went on Radiator Racers.  It was a fun ride, but I was kind of hoping it would go faster.  My car was in the losing lane, but it was fun because we all raced against each other.  (The car in the right lane always loses, in case you didn't know.)  But, it was still fun.  We even got a switch pass so we were able to go another time later that day.

Later we went on Grizzy Rapids.  That's a fun ride, but it broke down while we were waiting in line.  We only had to wait about 10 minutes, though, and it started up again.  We got off and Matthew was not very happy.  Later I figured out he was constipated.  Poor kid.  My mom was still nice enough to watch him, even though he was having a hard time.  

Random picture from California Screamin'

So, here's kind of a funny story.  We went on Soarin' Over California.  I was wearing flip flops because the day before I got a blister right underneath my big toe.  My feet were killing me, so I switched to flip flops a little while before going on Soarin'.  When we got on the ride, I thought about taking my flip flops off and putting them in that basket underneath my seat, or just leaving them on the floor, but I decided to leave them on.  (Can you see where this is going?)  Well, about 2/3 of the way through the ride, Connor accidentally kicks my flip flop off my foot, and it goes soarin' down.  I turned to Connor and said "You kicked off my shoe!"  

When the ride ended, we went up to one of the workers and told them what had happened.  My flip flop landed on the screen.  They had to figure out how to get the shoe off the screen, because they aren't allowed to walk on it.  One of the employees went down and grabbed a long pole that had what looked like a feather duster on the end of it and swept my flip flop off of the screen.  When he did, the people who were waiting for the ride to start applauded.  It was quite funny, and very memorable.  Connor asked if it happened often, and they said every few days or so.  

My flip flop.  On the screen.

After that we decided to split up.  My mom came with us, so we could go on Radiator Racers one more time with our switch pass.  She stayed with Matthew.  When we got off the ride we saw my mom waiting for us, with a screaming Matthew in the stroller.  Holy cow was that kid sad.  (Who likes being constipated?  It's my fault, really.  I gave him baby food with bananas in it.  Bananas make him constipated.)  So we decided to head back to the hotel.  I picked Matty up, and he immediately fell asleep on my shoulder.  Poor kid.  I was afraid to put him down because I knew we'd just have to pick him up again when we got on the bus, so I just carried him out of the park.

We got to the bus stop, and Crystal was there also, heading back with some of her little ones.  Matthew woke up on the way back, and was being really cute.  It was fun to ride back with Crystal and her kids.  They are so funny.  Cameron has so much personality.  He kept doing the Hulk for us, and every time he did, Matthew would jump a little.

When we got back to the hotel, Connor headed to Red Robin to get us some take out.  By the time he got back, Matthew was finally asleep again.  I ate, and was asleep by 9:30.  I woke up at 12:30 and Connor was sleeping at the foot of the bed.  I woke him up, and he got in bed.  Matthew slept really well, so it was definitely worth going early to the hotel.  We wanted him to be well rested so we could enjoy our last day at Disneyland the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...