Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Trip to the Dentist*

Today was a busy day.  This morning Connor and I went to the credit union to get pre-approved for a mortgage.  Yay!  There's light at the end of the tunnel.  As much as I love living above a mortuary (it really isn't so bad but no dishwasher and no AC is getting old), it's time for this beautiful newlywed experience to come to an end.  Who knows how long it will actually take us to find a home and all that stuff that's involved, but at least it's one step closer.

Then we went to the dentist in Provo to get my cavity filled.  Here's a lovely photo that Connor took of me.
 I love that Nitrus Oxide that they give you.  It's goooood stuff.  :)  And I got to watch Grey's Anatomy/Project Runway, so it wasn't so bad.

Afterwards we went to Coney's (thanks Annie for the recommendation!).  It was soo soo soo good.  I got the Chicago Dog and it was delish.  Connor actually went back and bought a 2nd one because he thought his was so good.  And their custard is really good too.  The only thing that could have made it more enjoyable is if my mouth wasn't partially numb.
This is Connor working on his 2nd Hot Dog.
After Provo we headed to IKEA.  I wanted to get some new plastic cups for our apartment.  One thing that I've learned about not having a dish washer is that it's easy to drop slippery things, and glasses tend to break when they're dropped.  So, sadly, we are down to very few glasses.  Anyway, we couldn't find a single plastic cup at IKEA.  What's up with that?  Maybe we just were looking in the wrong place, but we walked through the entire down stairs portion of the store and didn't find one.  We ended up buying some surge protectors, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Then we went over to Boondocks for a UFDA convention.  This is the 2nd year in a row that we've gone and it's really fun.  We played a bunch of arcade games, go karts, miniature golf, and had dinner.  Funny story about the go karts, on our 2nd round Connor rammed into me and I ran into the side.  Since there's no reverse on the go karts one of the guys had to run over and push my cart back.  But while he was doing it a whole bunch of people came around the corner and one of them rammed into me.  It was actually pretty funny.  Anyway, Connor was just mad because the first time I beat him.  :)

After that we cashed in our arcade tickets for some Air Heads and headed home.  Fun night!

*(Does anyone remember how from S1 of Veronica Mars that one rude girl spits in other peoples drinks and calls it "A trip to the dentist"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...