Saturday, October 1, 2011

Colorado

This we we headed back to Colorado for Connor's labs for school.  His school is online, but it's through Arapahoe Community College (in Littleton) and he has to go out there once this semester and once next semester to do labs for embalming and restorative arts.  Since last week we drove out on I-80, we decided to take I-70 this week.  It was a little longer, but definitely a more scenic drive.  

We drove out there Sunday, and on Monday after Connor was done with school we went to see the Columbine Memorial.  We drove by the high school first.  Seeing the high school brought back memories of sitting in various classes in 9th grade and watching the news of the Columbine shootings on TV.  The memorial was very nice.  In the center it has the name of each of the victims and a short obituary.  Against the far wall are other various quotes related to the shootings said by students, teachers, parents, etc. 
Columbine Memorial
On Tuesday I got sick.  I think I got it from my cute little 2 year old nephew.  He was here last week for the funeral and he was sick on Sunday, and I think he must have passed it on to me.  So on Tuesday I did basically nothing, and pretty much on Wednesday too.  It was fine, though, because Connor just went to his labs pretty much all day long so I just hung out in the hotel room feeling gross.

By Thursday I was feeling a lot better, which was good because we had plans Thursday night.  Connor got finished with his labs early on Thursday so we drove to the Denver Temple.  We were planning on going to it, but it was closed, so we just stopped by to see it and took some photos.


Connor's head is blocking the temple.
I like how you can see the reflection of my hand in my sunglasses.

After that we drove out to where Connor did his labs.  There is a mausoleum there that he wanted to see.  It took us about 45 minutes to drive the 20 miles there due to traffic.  Then we got there and found out it was closed.  :)  So we drove around the cemetery a little bit, and then drove another 45 minutes to where we came from to the Park Meadows Mall where we had plans to meet up with Michelle and Kristi.

Michelle was with Ryan the night before he died, and she and her sister, Kristi, flew out to Utah last week for his funeral.  We made plans to have dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  We got there a little bit early so Connor and I walked around the mall and bought some new sunglasses.

I used the bathroom, which had a little seat in it for you to strap your baby/toddler to whilst you do your business.  I thought that was pretty funny and took a picture.


Then we had dinner with Michelle and Kristi, which was so so fun.  We had such a good time with them. The past weeks have been difficult, but it's nice that some good things have come out of it, like new friendships.  I brought my camera, but I was having too much fun that I forgot to take any pictures.

On Friday Connor and I drove home.  Connor became very inventive in the car and started dipping cashews in Nutella.  Yum!

He's holding up the Nutella in the photo, but it got cut out.

Cute, huh?
It was a fun trip.  So fun that we'll have to do it again some time next year!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to comment on the little seats on the bathroom wall. I absolutely love them and have even used them before. They are exactly what I need with my kids. Just wish there were at least two and in every bathroom we use.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...