Wednesday, June 15, 2011

More Knee Fun

My knee's lookin' pretty good.  I took the tape off of my knee today.  I was a little scared to do it, but it wasn't so bad.  I don't think all of the stitches have dissolved yet, but it's getting there.  I love that you can still see the "yes" on my knee, by the way.

Physical therapy is all sorts of fun.  My physical therapist's name is Oryslava and she's from the Ukraine.  (Why do we say the Ukraine?  Why not just Ukraine?)  Anyway, it really hasn't been too bad....so far.  I have to do exercises at home 2x a day.  From start to finish it takes me about an hour each time.  I have to heat it up first with a heating pad for about 10 minutes (which I'm doing right now).  Then I do the exercises which take between 20 to 30 minutes.  Then I have to ice my knee for 20 to 30 minutes. 

I'm starting to walk a lot better and I'm officially off the percocet.  Yay!  I wasn't taking too much of it anyway, only as needed.  But now I'm out so I'll keep taking the naproxen and ibuprofen as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...