Friday, June 3, 2011

Ouch!

Today was fun, until around 8:30 tonight.

Connor got home from work and helped me shower.  (I love that I can't bathe by myself.)  We wrapped my leg in a trash bag, and then wrapped saran wrap over the top of the trash bag a whole bunch of times.  It worked pretty well and everything stayed dry.  Then we headed up to Layton to go to Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day because they were giving out free donuts.  We picked up Kari, Robin, and Liam and got some yummy donuts and then went back to their house and chatted for a bit.  It was really nice to get out of our apartment and socialize.

We headed home and stopped at In 'n Out on the way.  I took my meds with me just in case I'd need them (except the oxycodone).  Before we left Eric and Kari's I took some, but I had major issues on the way home.  I think it was just sitting in the car with this brace on.  My leg was in a strange position and I couldn't elevate it.  By the time we got home I was dying.  That was the most pain I've been in thus far.  I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, it was a 9.  I almost started crying.  I was deep breathing and doing everything I could to keep the pain under control.  Poor Connor was trying to help me feel better, but there wasn't anything he could do.

We finally got home and I got out of the car and immediately my leg felt immensely better.  It must have just been the way I was sitting, like I said.  Now I am happily lying on the couch with my brace hooked into my cooler, and my leg elevated.  I took another oxycodone when we got home, and now we're just hanging out.

Like I said, today was fun.  I just could have done without the immense pain on the way home.  Oh well.  At least it can only get better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...