Thursday, June 2, 2011

Recovery!

Yesterday I was doing really well.  My friend Ami came over and took care of me.  She was so sweet.  Connor had to go back to work, and they told me that I needed someone to be with me for the first 24 hours after surgery.  Ami came over and saved the day.  She brought me lunch, and then her mom came down and they got us all dinner.  I'm so lucky to have such great friends.

Today I'm feeling a little worse.  My medicine is making me constipated.  I won't go into too much detail there, but it's not fun.  I woke up nauseous this morning so I took one of my anti-nausea drugs, and then I went back to bed.  I am trying to not take as much percocet today (it's not the only pain killer I have, but definitely the strongest).  I made it to about 1:30 and I had to take it.  But that's pretty good since I last took it at midnight last night.  

I can't complain too much, though.  I'm happy that I'm getting this knee thing taken care of.  I didn't mention before that it wasn't what they thought it was.  They thought that I had torn some cartilage, but actually it was a genetic issue where my knee cap is placed wrong.  I'm not exactly sure what he did and I go to the doctor on Wednesday so I'll have to ask then.  I asked Connor, but he couldn't remember well enough to really tell me.  I guess the doctor also said that I might have the same issue in my other knee, which makes sense because it's been bothering me a little bit too, but just not as much as my right knee.

Anyway, life is good.  I'm happy to be recovering.  And I'm happy for loved ones who are so kind to take time out of their lives and help take care of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...