Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Road Trippin' Day 1

On Aug 8th we started our little family vacation.  The first day did not really go as planned.

Our original plan was to go to Raging Waters in San Jose with some friends.  When I got up that day I checked the weather, and it was supposed to be in the high 60's, so we decided that might not be the best idea.  Plan B was to go to the Winchester Mystery House.

Connor had told me about the WMH years ago.  It's supposed to be a really neat tour, and we've wanted to go for a while.  We were going to do that instead.  So we got all our stuff together, got in the car, and we got to San Jose.  Connor and I decided to stop at Subway for some lunch, and right before we were about to order, Connor realized that we had left the stroller in San Ramon.  Oops.  So, we got our food, hopped back in the car, I called my friend to tell her what was going on, and we drove back to San Ramon, got the stroller, and then turned right back around and went back to San Jose.  Sheesh.

We went to my friend Marifer's apartment to meet her and her husband.  Marifer was one of my mission companions.  I have missed seeing her!  It was so fun to see her and meet her husband.

Anyway, we all got together, and then headed to the WMH for a tour.

Waiting for our tour.  You can't take strollers, luckily I had the ergo.

So.  We get to our tour and the tour guide (Fiona) starts speaking about the house.  Matthew was babbling some.  Not screaming, not fussing.  Fiona had been talking for less then a minute when she looked at me and said"Do you need to take her out until she calms down?"  I didn't say anything.  I just looked at her and she said "Or him."  I said that he was just talking and he was fine.  Then I was thinking to myself, is this going to be a problem for the tour?  The tour was supposed to last a little more than an hour.

So Fiona kept talking when another woman, who was standing no more than 3 feet away from her, asked if she could take a different tour.  Fiona said that she didn't think that was a possibility.  The woman claimed that she couldn't hear a thing because my baby was too loud.  The tour guide looked at me and asked if we could do a tour at a later time when he had settled down.  I said "Seriously?  He's not crying.  He's just talking."  Fiona said that people couldn't hear and she suggested we come back later.  I said that we were visiting and couldn't come at a later time.  Then she said something else, and I really don't remember what but I said, "Fine we'll leave but we want our money back."  She told us to go to the gift shop and they would maybe be able to give us a refund there.

I'm still bugged by this, and it's been like 2 weeks since it happened.  I know I need to get over it, but it was just ridiculous.  I know that people wanted to be able to hear the tour guide.  I just felt like they were so rude about it.  They really could have said it in a nicer way.

So, after we all got our money back we went to Starbucks, got some drinks (I forgot how good that Strawberries & Cream Frappuccino is), and then went to a park and hung out and played.  We had a really fun time!





It was so good to see Marifer again.  And after all was said and done, the park was more fun, anyway.  Plus, I think for one reason or another, we just weren't meant to go on the WMH tour that day.

After we visited and played, Connor, Matthew and I jumped into the car and drove to King City, CA (which is in the middle of nowhere), and got some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...