Friday, August 16, 2013

Virginia (July 28)

The day of the party had arrived!  Crystal and I (mostly Crystal), had been planning for months.

In the morning we gave my mom her other present, which was a book that Crystal had compiled for her of 60+ years of memories.  Crystal wrote and emailed pretty much everyone that my mom knew, and asked them all to send in a memory of my mom.  Then she compiled everything into a book, which was such a great idea.  She really loved the gift.

We went to church, where Matthew lasted about 15 minutes before I had to take him into the lobby.  Then he had a huge blowout.  I was not prepared with extra clothes, so I went and changed his diaper, and then we drove back to the house.  He fell asleep along the way, so we just stayed there.  We were only planning on staying for sacrament meeting anyway.

Matthew took a nice long nap, and then we helped get things ready for the party.  There was like a 60% chance of rain that night so we were all praying that the weather would be good, since the party was outside.  When it was about to start, there were a few raindrops, and then nothing!  We had great weather.  The food was delicious.  A ton of people showed up.  And we all had a really good time.  Even my mom.

Matthew sort of had fun meeting a bunch of new people.  I think he was just overwhelmed with all the changes anyway, plus still getting over being sick, and the antibiotic I was giving him had given him a rash so I had to start giving him benadryl, too.

Meeting Aunt Claudia


Playing with a balloon.

That night when I was giving Matthew a bath, Addison came in and said "take a bath?" so she climbed in the tub with him.  They were pretty cute in there together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...