Friday, August 16, 2013

Virginia (July 29)

The 29th was my mom's official 60th birthday.  She said she wanted to go out to breakfast, so we all got up and away we went.  I can't remember the name of the place, but it was pretty yummy.  Matthew (who gets very angry these days when I don't share my food with him) really enjoyed it, too.  

We decided to go out to Mt Vernon, but first we made a quick stop at a baby store because my mom wanted to buy Matthew some sunglasses.


As cute as they are on him, he only left them on for a few seconds.  But he would still wear the hat.


He fell asleep on the drive out there, but only for like 30 minutes. Then we got there and it was crazy busy.  We got there around 12:15 and our tickets to go through the house were for 1:45.  So we explored the visitors center and walked around.  A lot had changed since I had been there last.  Matthew fell asleep on the walk.


But he woke up right before we went through the house.  And he was so cute.  He was smiling and waving at everyone.  I'm so glad he was finally feeling better.  It was nice to have my happy baby back.

In front of the Potomac River

We spent a good portion of the day at Mt Vernon.  We explored the museum.  I almost lost Matthew's hat, and I was so sad, but I found it at the security desk.  Yay!  We had a very late lunch and then we headed back.

Matthew was happy to be back where he could crawl around again, and play with his toys some more.

1 comment:

  1. The glasses were worth the investment for that one picture. Very cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...